POSITION: IN-HOUSE CLERK
PUPOSE OF THE JOB:
Ensure all freight is shipped correctly and all client reports done as per SLA
- Receiving, Processing and dispatch of all inbound and outbound freight.
- Promote good customer relations
- Maintain compliance to operating policies and procedures
- Ensure service deadlines are achieved
- Document control of all inbound and outbound documentation e.g. pre-alerts, confirmation of pre-alerts, confirmation of freight received schedule, MAWB and manifests etc.
- Compliance with access control procedures
- Resolving queries resulting from the checking in and out procedure
- Checking in and out of drivers in accordance with standing operating procedures when required.
- Communicating freight queries in order for client queries to be resolved.
- Arrange deliveries
- Ensure daily KPI report is completed, and downloads of backup files are emailed to servicedesk
- Assist with the collection and delivery of consignments when necessary.
- Resolve internal and external client queries
- To ensure all of the following is adhered to:
- Safe package handling and marking of consignments.
- Consignments are adequately identified and marked for transportation.
- All freight is processed daily
- Adequate stationery is available to dispatch parcels
- Record and resolve missed collections.
- All procedures relating to security are followed daily.
- Cleanliness and tidiness of the in-house site
- Daily monitoring on Exception report
- Early warning reports
- Ordering stationary
- Attend applicable training coursed made available by the Company
- Assist with delivery/collections of consignments in the event of an emergency
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong team working skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (ability to communicate at all levels) and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail & follow up skills.
- Good planning & organizing skills.
- Good time management skills
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient with systems (i.e.: Microsoft products, Tracking Systems ).
- Geographical knowledge of R.S.A.
- Flexibility to work nights, public holidays, and weekends
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- South African citizen
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Min 2-year experience in the Courier and freight industry in a similar role.
Interested parties to send CV to email@example.com
STAY IN TOUCH
Get in Touch
8am - 5pm Mon - Fri
140 North Reef Road