POSITION: CLERK IN HOUSE
PUPOSE OF THE JOB:
Ensure all handed over freight is shipped correctly daily, all client reports are completed daily
- Receiving, Processing and dispatch of all inbound and outbound freight.
- Promote good customer relations, high operating procedures and service deadlines are maintained.
- Compliance with Company Policies.
- Document control of all inbound and outbound documentation e.g. fax pre-alerts, confirmation of fax pre-alerts, confirmation of freight received schedule, MAWB and manifests etc.
- Compliance with access control procedures.
- Resolving queries resulting from the checking in and out procedure e.g. incomplete HAWB’s damaged parcels, missing parcels, misrouted parcels, Checking in and out of drivers in accordance with standing operating procedures when required.
- Communicating freight queries to the Inhouse supervisor in order for client queries to be resolved.
- Assist with the collection and delivery of consignments when necessary.
- Resolve internal and external client queries and if unable to assist, to direct the query/complaint to the Inhouse supervisor.
- Control and assist the drivers to ensure that procedures are adhered to and standards are met.
- To ensure all of the following is adhered to:
- Safe package handling and marking of consignments.
- Consignments are adequately identified and marked for transportation.
- All freight is processed daily
- Adequate stationery is available to dispatch parcels
- Record and resolve missed collections.
- All procedures relating to security are followed daily.
- Cleanliness and tidiness of the in-house site
- Daily monitoring on Exception report
- Early warning report on all express sites
- Obey any reasonable instruction given by a superior or person in authority.
- Order almost depleted stationary
- Arrange quotes when requested.
- Attend any training coursed made available by the Company.
- Assist with delivery/collections of consignments in the event of an emergency e.g. political unrest/industrial action.
- Ensure the SABS ISO 9002 Quality System is adhered to by all staff in areas of responsibility.
- Alternating Shifts
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong team working skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (ability to communicate at all levels) and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail & follow up skills.
- Good planning & organizing skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient with systems (i.e.: Microsoft products, Tracking Systems (e.g.Trentrac, Crosstrac, etc).
- Geographical knowledge of R.S.A. (would be advantageous).
- Flexibility to work nights, holidays, weekends, and Alternating Shifts.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Grade 12.
- Min 2-year experience in the Courier and freight industry.
- Experience of relevant post will be advantageous
- South African Citizen with a clear criminal record
Interested parties to send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
STAY IN TOUCH
Get in Touch
8am - 5pm Mon - Fri
140 North Reef Road